How to Swaddle a Newborn?
The beauty of swaddling is in its simplicity. Newborns have been swaddle for thousands of years, it’s a simple way to ensure your baby feels safe and warm as they adjust to life outside the womb. Some proper techniques and establishing a routine that both you and your little one are most comfortable with.
Below are some guidelines to swaddle a baby easily step by step.
- Fold swaddle into a diamond shape with the topmost corner folded down 4-6 inches for baby’s head.
- Lay baby down on their back in the centre of the blanket with their neck on the folded corner.
- Pull one side of the blanket diagonally across your baby’s chest and tuck it under baby’s body.
- Pull the bottom corner of the blanket so it covers the legs and right arm, tucking the end underneath baby’s right shoulder.
- fold the last corner snugly across the baby’s chest and tuck it beneath the baby.
Swaddling, side or stomach lying, shushing, swimming and sucking, these five Ss to use for soothing the baby. It also serves the important purpose of helping your baby to stay calm and sleep more soundly.